G.T. Halpin Family Endowment Scholarship
The SMSC Halpin Family Endowment offers both merit and and need-based scholarships to undergraduate students participating in one of SMSC’s semester programs. Interested students can complete an application through Mason’s AcademicWorks.
In order to be considered for this scholarship students:
- Must be a Mason student
- Must be accepted into a semester program and plan to attend in the upcoming semester
- Must have at least 30 credits at the time of the application and 45 by the time the award is made
- Must answer two essay questions and include a resume
- Must have a 2.75 GPA for need-based scholarships and a 3.0 for merit based scholarships
The application deadline for Fall 2018 scholarships is June 1, 2018.
Returning Student Scholarships
Students who have participated in one of our residential semester-away programs and are returning for a second or third semester at SMSC are automatically eligible for a $2,000 scholarship.
Resident Assistant Positions
Resident Assistants are trained to respond in emergencies, build community among residents, and help students access resources. In exchange, they receive free housing in the SMSC residence hall. Students who apply by the priority application deadlines will have first consideration for these positions. Details will be sent to admitted students after their admission notification.
Current full-time Mason students who are interested in taking one of our graduate & professional courses may be eligible to receive funding to attend the course if they meet the following requirements:
- Must be a current full-time student in one of Mason’s undergraduate programs.
- Must provide written approval from their advisor that the course is part of their overall academic plan at Mason.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Financial support may be available for a few selected professionals to attend our conservation training courses. Scholarship awards will cover the course fee, food, and lodging.
When applying to a course check the box labeled “I’m interested to be considered for any relevant SMSC scholarships.” If this box does not appear, that indicates there are no scholarships available for the course to which you are applying. To be considered for a scholarship, you must apply to the course before that course’s posted “apply-by” date.
Professionals from certain countries are eligible for a reduced course fee which will automatically be reflected during the registration process.
Please contact SCBItraining@si.edu for more information.